BLACK ART NEWS<99> - HOME | BlackArtNews.com
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Job Title: Photography and Video Communications Specialist
The Harpeth Hall School
Nashville, TN United States
Photography and Video Communications Specialist
Harpeth Hallís mission is to educate girls and young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment where every member of the school community feels seen, heard, and valued ó and the greater community feels connected to and inspired by the leaders of tomorrow.
Visual storytelling is essential to that endeavor.
Harpeth Hall seeks a creative, collaborative, and dynamic visual storyteller as its photography and video communications specialist. The specialist will amplify Harpeth Hall by visually documenting daily school life and bringing engaging big-picture visual projects alive for use across marketing channels.
The photography and video communications specialist will work closely with the Harpeth Hallís Admission and Advancement departments, school leaders, faculty, and students to tell Harpeth Hallís story to the greater community. The specialist will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and work as part of the communications team. This is a full-time position with some night and weekend assignments.
The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrated excellence in photography and videography with a passion for capturing inspiring moments and elevating others through visual storytelling. The candidate should have an appreciation of the independent school culture and an all-girls education. Bachelorís degree in photography, digital media, video production, broadcast, or photojournalism preferred. Mastery of Premiere Pro and proficiency in Photoshop are a must.
Exceptional candidates will demonstrate a combination of the qualifications and skills described below:
● Develops, refines, and brings creative visions to life for use across integrated marketing channels, including print, web, email, mobile, and social media.
● Brings a breadth of skill to storytelling styles, including environmental photos, portraits, brand-identity photos, testimonial videos, montage videos, documentary-style videos, and more.
● Identifies opportunities to incorporate new visual elements into marketing tools based on school objectives, user feedback, reporting analysis, and industry trends to implement a high-impact, customer-focused marketing strategy.
● Applies conceptual thinking during brainstorming sessions and confidently presents ideas to multiple internal clients and departments.
● Skillfully executes all aspects of photo and video production, including shooting, lighting, audio recording and mixing, and project editing. Oversees organization and storage management of all images and video clips.
● Displays a professional knowledge of and brings creativity to environmental, event, and portrait photography captured in photojournalist, documentary style.
● Embraces and contributes to a collaborative environment, working with critiques and revising based on client feedback.
● Manages numerous simultaneous projects on deadline with the ability to shift attention from one task to another and follow each to completion in a highly organized and efficient manner.
● Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment.
The Harpeth Hall School
Harpeth Hall is an independent college preparatory school for young women where each student realizes her highest intellectual ability in the sciences, the humanities, and the arts, and discovers her creative and athletic talents. Harpeth Hall develops responsible citizens who have global perspectives and make meaningful contributions to their communities and the world. With a tradition of excellence and a commitment to life-long learning, Harpeth Hall educates young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably.
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013